The Frances Perkins Center is sponsoring a conference:
Saturday, May 2nd, 8:30 am – 3:00 PM
The University of Maine Hutchinson Center
Route 3, Belfast
• Teresa Ghilarducci (Distinguished Senior Fellow at Demos working on issues of retirement security and social policy and the Schwartz Professor of Economic Policy Analysis at the New School for Social Research): “Picturing an economy that works for all”
• Maine House Speaker Hannah Pingree: “The role of government in building an economy that works for all”
• Maine Commissioner of Labor Laura Fortman: “Lessons from Frances Perkins and the New Deal”
Workshop Topics and their leaders include:
• New Kinds of Work for a New Workforce – Leader: Cliff Ginn, president of Opportunity Maine
• Self-Employed, Part-Time, Under-Employed — Where’s my Safety Net? – Leader: Laura Boyett, director of the Maine State Bureau of Unemployment
• The Changing Shape of Retirement – Leader: John Christie, Manager of the Augusta Career Center and member of the Older Workers Task Force
• What Women Workers Want (and Need) – Leader: Sarah Standiford, executive director of the Maine Women’s Lobby and the Maine Women’s Policy Center
• Health Care for All – Leader: Garrett Martin, economic policy analyst at Maine Center for Economic Policy
• Unions in the 21st Century – Leader: Tim Belcher, executive director of Maine State Employees Association
Panel moderator: Ben Dudley, executive director of Engage Maine
Registration is $35 ($20 for high school or college students), payable by check in advance or at the door.
Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks included.
To register online: http://tinyurl.com/May2register.
Questions? Call 207-208-8955 or email info@FrancesPerkinsCenter.org.
SPACE IS LIMITED – REGISTER TODAY!